Monday, August 04, 2008

GEMS Conference

Last weekend I spent in Ridgecrest, North Carolina for the GEMS Conference.

14 ladies represented our Club.

(Back row left) Sarah, Deb, Sheri, Jan, Julie
(MRL) Sharon, Lisa, Julie, Sally, Marva
(FRL) Linda, Sheri, Barb, Melissa My Mom is the President of GEMS and I could not have been more proud! She did so well and had to do quite a bit of time on the stage! Here she is giving blankets to the my friends Lori & Lenae and their mom for coming together to conference.Here she is again sharing her passion for GEMS!
Our ladies had no idea I took this picture! They are learning the new theme song - actions and all! "You gotta talk the talk and walk the walk..."
This is where we had all of our Mass Meetings! We celebrated 50 years of God's goodness to this ministry! We had a parade of banners and as you can see from the balcony - it was a great way to visualize the many years and lives that God has touched through GEMS.
On Sunday the sectional that I had chosen was "Joining Creations Song" little did I know that it was going to be a hike up to the summit of a mountain! I really didn't think I could do it - but I did and I am so glad that I did it!! This picture is of the conference center below - we started out down there - and this was hardly even half way!!
See - proof - I made it to the top! Here I am with Allison & Paulette. One of the best parts of conference is meeting new friends and reconnecting with friends you made at last years conference!

Allison & Sara

Lori & Tammy
Annie & Allisonand Amy!

Amy is a board member this year and she worked SO hard! Thanks Amy for all of your hard work!

If you are a GEMS counselor and never been to conference you need to go! You will be so glad you did! I know that I am!!


1 comment:

Jenelle said...

what did you end up doing for the little gift you were looking for ideas about?