Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Our Highlight of the 4th of July

I don't have a picture of this event yet - they are out there I just haven't gotten my hands on them yet! On the morning of the 4th of July my precious husband left his family and headed to the airport to complete his FAA test to recieve his Pilots Licence. This was his third attempt because he had been delayed with bad weather the prior times. The morning was picture perfect! Bright blue sky, not a cloud in it, and the winds were calm... all morning I waited in eager anticipation for the phone call! Just before 11:00 it came - and this is what I heard - "You are married to a pilot!" And guess what I did... I cried!! I couldn't believe my reaction - I was so excited for him and had been anticipating this for so long that when it finally happened I was overwhelmed with joy and thanks to God for bringing him through! After a couple of hours as my whole family sat around the picnic tables eating a late lunch - Eric walked around the corner and was greated with clapping and lots of cheers! It was a great moment - and his smile said it all! Thank you to all who prayed him through - it was worth it!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Congrats you guys!! Eric we are so proud of you. This accomplishment will lead you into the next step in your lives.