Friday, June 29, 2007

Good-bye is Never Easy!

On Wednesday - one of the dearest friends I have left for South Africa - for two years. She will return and she will being visiting too - but it doesn't make good-bye any easier!
On Monday night we were able to spend a lot of quality time with Lia & the girls!
Michelle, Lia & Myself - the threesome will not be the same for awhile! This picture was taken about 12:30 A.M.! We were making every moment we had left count! I actually didn't get home till 3:00 A.M.! As we stood outside in the dark and I shed my tears - we were looking at the stars - and it made me think that even though Lia will be miles and miles away - we will still look up and see the same stars! Sounds silly - but it was one of those things that made her not seem so far away! On Wednesday we said good-bye to Scott, Lia, Maddie & Alex from the airport viewing area (they knew we were there!) - I knew I would be an absolute mess if I went into the airport - and I just couldn't handle that - call me chicken - but even alone at the viewing area - I WAS a mess (ask Michelle - I was trying (key word trying) to talk to her on the phone! Here I am putting on a happy face with Justin. Justin waving Good-bye!
There they go - up, up & away... and that is when I really cried - and Justin just turned around and held me - and said "I'm gonna miss Maddie, Mom!" It was one of those precious memories that I will remember for a long time.
And they are off... but they'll be back before we know it! I love you, Lia!

1 comment:

Marva's "Marvalous" Memories said...

Lis - okay, you've got me crying so I can't even see the rest of your pictures right now!! I'm with you - I couldn't have been in the airport either! Love, Marva