Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Hello from California!

Hello from Southern California!! Mom and I are here to attend the GEMS Conference in Irvine. We flew in on Monday afternoon after a tearful good-bye to Eric & the boys and great flights across the US. Here we are on Coronado Island at a park. There was no one to take a picture of both of us so we did it ourselves!


Here I am posing for a great picture in La Jolla until I had to quickly save myself!
This is just a little bit of the traffic they we have encountered since we have arrived!
Mom was on a mission in La Jolla
This is the campground that we stayed at in Carlsbad when I was 11 years old. We had a lot of great memories here and that was one of the few places that actually stayed the same since the last time we were here.
This is still at the campground and that is our Mazda 6 that we are driving around this week.
This is the Coronado Bridge. It goes so high in the air because the Navy ships have to be able to fit underneath.
This is the USS Ronald Reagan. It is an active duty air craft carrier but is currently being repainted and updated after several tours out to sea.
This is another aircraft carrier. The USS Midway - my dad was on tour with this ship (he was actually on a destroyer - but they were out to sea together) when he was in the Vietnam War. It is now a museum.
These are just various ships - I find them so impressive looking when they are all lined up.


Here I am on the rocks in front of Hotel Del Coronado. We walked the beach and ate our lunch here. So far we have had a fantastic trip. Conference begins tomorrow night. I will try to continue to update the blog. I want Lia & Allison to feel like they are here with us! I'll do my best girls! Miss you - it is not the same here without you!

2 comments:

Jenelle said...

praying that your presentation goes well.

Mary said...

Looks like you're having a great time! We miss you! Love, Mary