On Wednesday we headed north into the Upper Peninsula. We spent the next couple of days at Staits State Park in St. Ignace.
We had two amazing campsites (we had to move on Friday morning). They were both lakeside and beautiful. We could see the water, bridge, ships right from our camper. The boys loved it! .jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
I love watching the boys get a drink from the drinking fountain. Once I get over the fact that they are germ infested - it is hilarious to watch and to see how wet they actually get - just trying to get a drink!
.jpg)
.jpg)
Our favorite campfire treat is donut holes! We take plain doughnut holes and roast them over the fire until they are toasty warm - then we dip them in hot fudge and sprinkles or cinnamon and sugar. Here Levi is showing off his treat and then he put the whole thing in his mouth! Crazy kid!
The boys in their "fort" in the woods with their favorite toys - Justin has a "bow" and Levi has his four-wheeler!
We had one morning of rain and the boys thought it was fantastic! Here they are jumping in puddles! I love that I caught them mid-air! I wish I would have caught the splash too!
Here we are doing are favorite things - the boys playing in the water and throwing rocks, and mom taking pictures!
The bridge from our campsite.
On Thursday we went to Mackinac Island. We rode around the whole island and then rode to the airport at the top of the island. Justin pedaled the whole way without a complaint! We figure we biked a little over ten miles! He was such a trooper!
Levi was hilarious - the first two miles of our ride he kept his nose & mouth covered - he said it was loud??? Hmmm...maybe smelly but loud???
More biking...
Picnic on the beach - here the boys again had a great time throwing stones.
Justin took our picture.
The best part of the ride and the incentive to get all the way around is that when you get to the end there is a playground! The boys loved it!
On our way to the airport Levi had had enough and took his nap!
On Friday we went to the Garlyn Zoo (http://www.garlynzoo.com/). It is about 30 minutes west of St. Ignace on Hwy 2. It is such a great place to take the kids. We have been there the past 3 years. The animals are very close and the kids can feed them. Our boys loved it.
Feeding the goats.
Daddy loving on Levi after he fell and cut up his top and bottom lip!
Mom & Levi checking out the emu's. They make the coolest drumming sound! I could have listened to them all day!
The following pictures are some of my favorites from our week away. (Above) a boy and his dad! I just loved this tree on our campsite - it had such character.
This one is for Lia! Like Levi's shirt - as messy as it is! I bought it from you garage sale and Levi loves it! Camo, bears, and camping - what more could a little boy want!
.jpg)
We had two amazing campsites (we had to move on Friday morning). They were both lakeside and beautiful. We could see the water, bridge, ships right from our camper. The boys loved it! .jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
I love watching the boys get a drink from the drinking fountain. Once I get over the fact that they are germ infested - it is hilarious to watch and to see how wet they actually get - just trying to get a drink!
.jpg)
.jpg)
Our favorite campfire treat is donut holes! We take plain doughnut holes and roast them over the fire until they are toasty warm - then we dip them in hot fudge and sprinkles or cinnamon and sugar. Here Levi is showing off his treat and then he put the whole thing in his mouth! Crazy kid!
The boys in their "fort" in the woods with their favorite toys - Justin has a "bow" and Levi has his four-wheeler!
We had one morning of rain and the boys thought it was fantastic! Here they are jumping in puddles! I love that I caught them mid-air! I wish I would have caught the splash too!
Here we are doing are favorite things - the boys playing in the water and throwing rocks, and mom taking pictures!
The bridge from our campsite.
On Thursday we went to Mackinac Island. We rode around the whole island and then rode to the airport at the top of the island. Justin pedaled the whole way without a complaint! We figure we biked a little over ten miles! He was such a trooper!
Levi was hilarious - the first two miles of our ride he kept his nose & mouth covered - he said it was loud??? Hmmm...maybe smelly but loud???
More biking...
Picnic on the beach - here the boys again had a great time throwing stones.
Justin took our picture.
The best part of the ride and the incentive to get all the way around is that when you get to the end there is a playground! The boys loved it!
On our way to the airport Levi had had enough and took his nap!
On Friday we went to the Garlyn Zoo (http://www.garlynzoo.com/). It is about 30 minutes west of St. Ignace on Hwy 2. It is such a great place to take the kids. We have been there the past 3 years. The animals are very close and the kids can feed them. Our boys loved it.
Feeding the goats.
Daddy loving on Levi after he fell and cut up his top and bottom lip!
Mom & Levi checking out the emu's. They make the coolest drumming sound! I could have listened to them all day!
The following pictures are some of my favorites from our week away. (Above) a boy and his dad! I just loved this tree on our campsite - it had such character.
This one is for Lia! Like Levi's shirt - as messy as it is! I bought it from you garage sale and Levi loves it! Camo, bears, and camping - what more could a little boy want!.jpg)
Justin being a monkey - he loves climbing trees.
The bridge from our picnic table.

5 comments:
So many great pictures and great memories.
What a whirlwind month of travels! Awesome pictures. I really like the one of the bridge..too cool! We might have to try your yummy campfire treat. Mmmm....
Looks like a great time and lots of wonderful memories! I love the picture of the boys jumping in the puddle!
You've been tagged - see my blog (7/30) for details.
LOVE THE PICTURES - Oh yes the wonderful white camping shirt that Levi had on - now why did they make it white is the question I have. Looks like you had a lot of fun. Love being updated and seeing what your family is up to. Are you still going to Ludington this year?
Post a Comment